7/13/2008

THE BITTERSWEETS - Lesson one


THE BITTERSWEETS Lesson One 1996 That's entertainment records 320 kbps

Love can't buy me / Good looks / All set to go / Out of here / I surrender / Story of love / I'm gonna miss the Ramones / Hear what I say / Anything from you / Love it to death / Colour of day / My baby is cool .

Produced by The Bittersweets & Kay Andersen.

The Bittersweets : Thomas Dahl : drums , guitar & vocals / Lars Dehli Jensrud : organ , piano & vocals / Bjorn Haukaas : bass & vocals / Mads Husvik : guitar /John Martinsen : guitar & vocals / Arne Thelin : lead vocals & harp.

Norwegian vocalist, songwriter and producer. An important figure in the garage rock revival of the late '80s and early '90s, Arne Thelin was a founding member of the bands The Joyful Tears (1985-1987), The Cosmic Dropouts (1987-1989), The Lust-O-Rama (1989-1993), The Kwyet Kings (1993-2001) and The Bittersweets (1995-1996). He also ran the now defunct That's Entertainment Records . Arne Thelin currently lives in Thailand and records solo as Bithammer!

Thanks to GoodGuy666 for music & scans !

8 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Thank you so much for this! I've been trying to find this CD on eBay for years, and I was kind of hoping for it to appear here.

Everything involving Arne Thelin, Thomas Dahl or Morten Henriksson (The Yum Yums, Kwyet Kings, Cosmic Dropouts, Bittersweets, TipToppers and so on) is just fantastic powerpop/garage.

Thank you also for having such a great blog. I've discoverad The Hormones, Adam Schmitt and other bands thanks to it.

/Dennis G

Anonyme a dit…

I'm really sick & absolutely tired of providing bands like this, get it downloaded 200 times (until today, 17th Nov.) and only 1 (ONE) comment. I'll gonna delete this band tomorrow! Try to find this never really released RARITY somewhere else! GOOD LUCK in tryin' it guys!
GoodGuy666

Skip a dit…

Any chance of a re-up of this?

I would have thanked you sooner but I did not know I was looking for it until today...

but thanks...

I would comment but i've never heard only heard of it.

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER a dit…

THE BITTERSWEETS : Lesson one 320 kbps + covers

Re-up is done ...
Enjoy it & leave comments please!

Skip a dit…

Kind of a surprise... pardon my American Chauvinism... but Nordic countries seem better suited to Eurovision than Garage or Punk. This has 80s Boston Garage Revival veneer on straight up power pop and the Ramones' better Bubblegum sides. Why were they going to miss the Ramones 4 years before Joey died?

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER a dit…

The Bittersweets are a one lp band (1996) but Arne Thelin plays since the beginning of the 80's with the Cosmic Dropouts , Kwyet Kings ,Lust-o-rama, Bithammer ...
Try one these bands & you 'll see !

Anonyme a dit…

@Skip: It of course refer to the fact that The Ramones played their last shows while this was recorded. I should know -since I wrote it. Well, the music and the lyrics in the chorus to be precise. The rest - Arne added. If anyone is still interested, i'll post a link so you can download it.
John M.

MIDNIGHT RAMBLER a dit…

Thank you John M.!
You're welcome if you want to post a link...